"Keep climbing. If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by all means, keep moving!"
-=-Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

FIRST RACE OF THE DECADE THIS SATURDAY

Good morning, afternoon, or evening to you and thank you for taking time to read my blog.  I've decided to keep a daily (or at least 4 or 5 days a week) journal of my progress, setbacks, and thoughts mainly pertaining to my running experience. For me, running is a good way to stay in physical shape, enjoy nature and the fresh air, and clear my head from the stresses of daily life.  So if you enjoy running as mush as I do, I invite you to read about my running experiences and share your experiences in the Comments section.

Now, on the the topic at hand.... the first race of 2010!

Last year I would say that I had a really good race year and finished it by setting a half marathon PR of 1:44:10.  This was my first time running sub-2 hours -- hopefully it won't be my last.  Now that I have broken that plateau, I don't plan to cross back over.

This year, and decade, did not get off to a good start for me professionally.  I do, however, anticipate a really good race year, starting with the Loco Ocho Uwharrie Trail Run in Troy, NC.  The race takes place in the Uwaharrie National Forrest.  I've never been there before, so I'm really looking forward to running this race.  As with all the trail races I run, my main goal is to not fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment